What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, social media profiles or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site, including when you provide us with feedback on our products or services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
• To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All future monetary transactions will be processed through a gateway provider and will not be stored nor processed on our servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/
We are not yet using Google AdSense Advertising on our website. Any future change regarding this will be made transparent through a notification via e-mail to all EVMO News users.
We have implemented the following:
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA):
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
You may also be free to change your personal information
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor: Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
We do not allow third-party behavioural tracking, unless provided with thorough and legal sufficient justification (by both the third party in question plus the consent of the first party). Under NO circumstance do we allow consent-free third-party behavioural tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email:
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial e-mail, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us through our official contact form below and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
In direct compliance with the GDPR: replacing the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC
1) DC CLAUSE: the official Data Controller is: EVMO News
2) DC CONTACT: users may contact the Data Controller
a) via the official website: under "contact". Users may fill in appropriate 'subject' and name, and e-mail information in official forms on the EVMO News official website to contact the Data Controller. Other options for contact may include b) social media services: contact via the official facebook or instagram page, although it is firmly advised to contact the official e-mail for important inquiries and/or services.
3) AUTOMATED DECISIONS CLAUSE: At the time being, EVMO News does NOT use user personal information to make automated decisions. The only "automated" response is the Contributor Agreement, sent upon consensual name and e-mail information provided via the official website. Any clause that may hypothetically change in the future will always provide information regarding that change to users, via: e-mail and/or official notifications.
4) USER INFORMATION CLAUSE: Users are asked to provide e-mail, name and contact information if they so wish to interact with EVMO News, make inquiries, become contributors or members and/or provide feedback. The absence of such information would not permit either parties to have a foundation of trust and transparency - both necessary for the proper functioning of professional communication.
5) LEGAL USER INFORMATION CLAUSE: EVMO News' legal reason for requesting user information is for the following purposes:
a) in order to properly engage in communication with customers (this refers mostly to e-mail and phone communication). Name and e-mail are necessary as to provide a full transparent conversation between company and customer.
b) credit card info will never be asked via telephone (at the present time, EVMO News is not engaging in monetary transactions with its customers) any change in this policy will be immediately reported to subscribed members, and to all users who have shared their contact information with EVMO News. Notifications of the kind will be made via e-mail, and via the official site, through notification.
c) some additional information required (only upon request, and only upon interested parties) includes the sharing of: (CV, cover letter, or work experience information in the case of potential internships/traineeships/employment). This is used for the mere purpose of determining the competence of potential employees (in the case of internships/traineeships and/or employment). All information of the kind is and will NOT be passed on to third parties. Worker information is analyzed for the sole purpose of determining worker skills and history.
d) Potential employees and applicants should be aware that once they apply for a position and send in their relevant information (CV, cover letter, along with contact information) the EVMO News team will ask for consent to do background checks on the individual in question. This may consist in: researching via Google or qualified research engines in order to determine if some of the following hypothetical activities have been committed by the applicant:
1) to see if the applicant has engaged in past criminal activity,
2) to determine whether the applicant has been involved in scandalous events
3) to gather the applicant's further work history information.
Before background checks formally occur, the individual in question is and always will be notified of such background checks. Background checks will not occur without the applicant's consent. Likewise, applicants cannot be hired without a consensual background check. Results will not be shared with third parties and background check information will not go beyond its scope: to assess in objective terms, through accumulation of factual information, the professional work history and present legal stance of an applicant.
6) INTERNATIONALLY SHARED USER INFORMATION:
a) Other shapes and forms of user information processing includes: the public sharing of first name and last name (in the case of articles produced by EVMO News official columnists). It is understood that EVMO News needs to necessarily give credit to author work, and it is understood that a public article becomes public knowledge, containing appropriate author and date information. Further, brief bios of the authors are provided, in order to give readers a transparent picture of who the authors are and what they have studied. This information processing regarding author credit and bio are internationally shared public information. However, author e-mails and contact information or CVs are never shared internationally unless specifically and formally requested in written form by the author.
7) DATA PROTECTION OFFICER (ART. 39 GDPR): EVMO News is a startup headquartered in Perugia, Umbria.
The official website was launched May 1, 2018 and is an entity still recruiting and working on employing a work force. For the time being, the Data Protection Officer is the Founder and CEO of EVMO News. For any concerns and clarifications on the tasks of the DPO you may contact at:
The CEO and DPO will no longer share the same position, once the necessary resources and capital is acquired for the employment of a competent DPO, adhering to Article 39 of the GDPR, and knowledgeable of Art. 35 and 36, in regards to the DPO's proper execution of his or her role.
8) SENSITIVE DATA CLAUSE: Under most circumstances, the types of sensitive data listed below will never be processed:
Race or ethnic origin
Religious or philosophical beliefs
Trade union memberships
Genetic or biometric data
Health or mortality
Sex life or sexual orientation
This type of sensitive information will be processed only upon specific request of the individual, only if it is a specific desire of a given user. However, important to note, if an author produces a 'poem' or 'article' or 'song' shared by the EVMO News network and the poem or article in question involves one or more of the aforementioned themes, the information counts as internationally shared. However, naturally, these types of works are always released with consent by the author in question.
9) CONTRIBUTOR AND OFFICIAL MEMBERS INFORMATION:
a) potential contributors are requested to share their name and e-mail with us for first contact. The only automated response that occurs in this specific interaction, is the initial reply e-mail, where the user will receive detailed rules and policies of the 'EVMO News Contributor Agreement'. Major points include:
1)user information will not be shared with third parties
2) applicants' plagiarism or copyright infringement is not tolerated and will result in legal consequences
3) response to e-mail results in active consent by the user to continue sharing consensual information and to continue applicant process.
To read the full agreement, users may provide their name and e-mail in the appropriate 'become a contributor' slot of the EVMO News official website homepage.
10) SAFETY OF USER INFORMATION:
The safety of user information is provided thanks to the SSL approved official website, containing a secure "https://" address. Further, contact information of users is stored only for the duration of 1 year (after first official contact). This is done for the sole purpose of maintaining professionalism in communication with given users. If the user wishes to decrease the amount of time of their stored e-mails or phone number contact information, they can specify their inquiries via e-mail and EVMO News will promptly delete requested information. EVMO News never sells and never will sell nor share any user information.
Last Edited on 2018-05-24